I *LOVE* the GNU version of 'date'

Rob 'Feztaa' Park feztaa at shaw.ca
Sun May 26 12:36:17 PDT 2002

Alas! Gerard Beekmans spake thus:
> On Sat, May 25, 2002 at 11:54:56PM -0600, Rob 'Feztaa' Park wrote:
> > Actually, I like the phrases. I think they've pretty much gotten it down
> > to fully natural-language. "this thursday", "last monday", "3 days ago",
> > etc etc.
>
> If nothing else, I just love it because it's different from the usual way
> of doing things. Next step add voice interface and you can just freely talk
> to your computer and it'll work without needing to remember any syntax (ala
> star trek?)

IIRC, the July 2001 issue of Linux Journal has an article on setting up
speech synthesis and speech recognition (by Marcel Gagne) on your Linux
box. The synthesis works really well, but I haven't tried the
recognition. You could have some fun with that ;)

--
Rob 'Feztaa' Park
http://members.shaw.ca/feztaa/
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org