Back...

Jesse Tie-Ten-Quee highos at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun May 26 01:31:00 PDT 2002

Yo,

On Sun, May 26, 2002 at 06:46:31AM +0800, Steve Bougerolle wrote:
> The rent here is $1300 Canadian per month for our little 800 ft^2 place.
>  How does that compare for expense?  An hour commute is a long time,
> though.. Maybe High River...

I believe we (myself/dad) were paying ~$900 for something similar.
Little condo, nice enough for two ppl.

But yeah.. Canmore has never been the cheapest place to live,
considering it's location and proximity to Banff.

I do believe it's gotten cheaper since I lived there, considering the
construction work was starting to wind down on new homes.  In the past
there was always a problem of not having enough places to live, so
owners would charge a *huge* amount for rent, thou I think reality has
started to catch up with everyone living there :)

Anyways.. *grumbles* Being stuck in "sucking central" (Ottawa) doesn't
feel so much fun anymore ;-)

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org