hostnames

Jesse Tie-Ten-Quee highos at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri May 24 00:03:25 PDT 2002

Yo,

On Sun, May 19, 2002 at 12:44:53PM +0200, Oliver Brakmann wrote:
> Just out of curiosity: What do you call your boxen?

quasar - generic server.
pulsar - file server.
binary - devel box/gaming.

These three are in storage across the country however.  Thou I should be
recieving binary fairly shortly, another day or two.

pulsar - iPAQ.
darkstar - my laptop.

I had an accident with my laptop not that long ago, so she's in for
repair and my iPAQ doesn't seem to want to hold a carge for the battery
either, will have to send that in too.

So.. right now, i'm using my brother's win98se box.  You would think a
guy that has ~5 boxes would have at least one handy, no? :-)

> I'd like to have a more homogenous naming scheme, but I could't
> convince myself yet to finally do the step.

Hrm, I started naming it after types of stars and such (quasar, pulsar)
by a suggestion from a friend, thou I didn't really stick with the
theme...

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org