can't mount proc in boot

Albert Wagner alwagner at tcac.net
Thu May 23 17:32:33 PDT 2002

Gerard, you are definitely a wizard.  My script had changed the owner:group
of the LFS packages to <pkgname>:<pkgtype>.  The /lib/libns* files were all
owned by glibc:system and /bin/mount by util-linux:system.  Changing
/bin/mount and /bin/umount back to root:root allowed me to boot and shutdown.
Thank you very much.

But now I am questioning the wisdom of this approach to package management.
I had excluded shadow and lfs-bootscripts from this process. Now, obviously,
the mount/umount binaries should be excluded.

Can you think of any more offhand?  (I know, unfair question)

Thanks again,
Albert

--
Quantum Mechanics: The dreams stuff is made of
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org