lfs-chat Digest V1 #53

Tushar Teredesai tush at yahoo.com
Tue May 21 14:31:05 PDT 2002

Tony Karakashian wrote

>Ahem, not the WHOLE world. :) I much prefer Yahoo to all the other engines
>out there, I'd hate to see 'em go.  Besides, they're big supporters of open
>source..

I would beg to differ, they may be using open source tools, but as an
end user I have yet to see any apps for Linux. e.g.

    * Their linux version of messenger is a toy as compared to the
      windows version. Also i read sometime back that they blocked
      jabber clients (or something to that effect).
    * Their yahoo companion does not run on Linux.

I don't know of any support they may be providing for open source either
financially or resource wise, but I may be wrong.

--Tushar.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org