hostnames

Tushar Teredesai tush at yahoo.com
Tue May 21 08:18:25 PDT 2002

Tushar Teredesai wrote:

> Oliver Brakmann wrote:
>
>> Just out of curiosity: What do you call your boxen?
>
> Anything Startrek related that makes 'some' sense. The laptop is
> called Voyager, the main server, DS9.

Oops, sent the message before completing. The gateway (though it is a
router + hub blackbox and cannot be 'named') is wormhole. My windows pc
that has all the games, etc is the holodeck. There's one more box that
is just sitting around but it will probably be named tenforward.

>> I'd like to have a more homogenous naming scheme, but I could't
>> convince myself yet to finally do the step.

Homogeneous schemes are boring:)

--Tushar.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org