hostnames

Richard Peters R.A.Peters at Student.tue.nl
Mon May 20 03:12:05 PDT 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rob 'Feztaa' Park" <feztaa at shaw.ca>

> Alas! Oliver Brakmann spake thus:
> > Just out of curiosity: What do you call your boxen?
>
> Bah, everyone else has better hostnames than mine :(

No way! Mine are much more boring!

My windows box is named s479082, my linux s479093 (yawn). Those are my student
numbers here (computer science and mathematics), the windows name is compulsory,
else it doesn't get an ip.  We're not really allowed to run linux, so I choose my
other student number to not look conspicious.

Richard Peters

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org