hostnames

Justin Knierim jrknierim at jrknierim.com
Sun May 19 13:22:33 PDT 2002

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: "Oliver Brakmann" <obrakmann at gmx.net>
An: <lfs-chat at linuxfromscratch.org>
Gesendet: Sonntag, 19. Mai 2002 12:44
Betreff: hostnames

> Hi!
>
> Just out of curiosity: What do you call your boxen?

Whatever name comes to mind when looking at the box.

Roberta - Dual 800Mhz Pentium III Coppermines, 512MB SDRAM - My testing
machine.  :-D  No story behind the name, just like the sound of it.

Engel - My nice 75Mhz Siemens Nixdorf laptop.  It is a Engel (angel in
German) now, but was a devil before!  My German girlfriend fixed it when it
made her angry and she took a hammer to it!  The hard drive did not like it,
and a few chips fell out of it (mostly for the top PCMCIA slot), but that
thing just keeps on working!

Jenna - My sisters PC on the network, also her name, but that helps me to
not forget it!

--
Justin R. Knierim
  jrknierim at jrknierim.com