mail from timothy bauscher (sp? sorry)

timothy bauscher timothy at foce.eiomail.com
Thu May 16 20:30:51 PDT 2002

> I'm having some trouble with tim's mail -- his headers are getting
> mangled somewhere along the line to my inbox.

doh! not again...

> I don't know why, or where, but his "References:" header is having
> arbitrary blank lines added to it, which "removes" all the headers
> after
> it from the "header" section of the email.

:)

> Now, this mangles the To: header, so it's obvious that it's happening
> after the mailing list gets the mail, otherwise the message wouldn't
> have gotten to my inbox. I suspect fetchmail is responsible, but I'm
> really not sure.

it's probably me. i've hade meader header
headaches, lots of complaints made by list
people.

> Anyway, since the message appears to have no To: header, my procmail
> is
> automatically filtering it into the "spam" folder. Obviously tim isn't
> spam, so I wrote the following procmail rule that fixes tim's headers,
> and I thought I'd share it in case other people were having similar
> problems.

spam spam spam.

http://www.stone-dead.asn.au/tv-series/sketches/fc-25/spam-sketch.html

> :0 fhw:
> * ^From: timothy bauscher <timothy at foce.eiomail.com>
> |perl -ne 'print unless (m/^\s*$/ and ($lastline=~m/^References/ or
> $lastline=~m/^\s*<.*>/));$lastline=$_'

more perl :)

> If anybody knows more about this, and knows a better solution
> (mangling
> tim's headers is _not_ a permanent solution), please speak up ;)

check this message and see if it is ok. they've
(eiomail.com) has been fixing header problems
for the past few weeks.

if i'm still causing problems, please tell me
so and i will tell eiomail again ... please
email me the faulty headers.

--
tab
timothy(at)foce.eiomail.com  www.linuxfromscratch.org