mail from timothy bauscher (sp? sorry)

Rob 'Feztaa' Park feztaa at shaw.ca
Thu May 16 19:54:35 PDT 2002

I'm having some trouble with tim's mail -- his headers are getting
mangled somewhere along the line to my inbox.

I don't know why, or where, but his "References:" header is having
arbitrary blank lines added to it, which "removes" all the headers after
it from the "header" section of the email.

Now, this mangles the To: header, so it's obvious that it's happening
after the mailing list gets the mail, otherwise the message wouldn't
have gotten to my inbox. I suspect fetchmail is responsible, but I'm
really not sure.

Anyway, since the message appears to have no To: header, my procmail is
automatically filtering it into the "spam" folder. Obviously tim isn't
spam, so I wrote the following procmail rule that fixes tim's headers,
and I thought I'd share it in case other people were having similar
problems.

:0 fhw:
* ^From: timothy bauscher <timothy at foce.eiomail.com>
|perl -ne 'print unless (m/^\s*$/ and ($lastline=~m/^References/ or $lastline=~m/^\s*<.*>/));$lastline=$_'

If anybody knows more about this, and knows a better solution (mangling
tim's headers is _not_ a permanent solution), please speak up ;)

--
Rob 'Feztaa' Park
http://members.shaw.ca/feztaa/
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org