more new LFS wallpapers

james james at sexydethchick.org
Sun May 12 20:49:04 PDT 2002

> no compression on either PNG or JPEG. i don't use
> compression for 'artwork'. websites are a different
> story though.

PNG's use lossless compression, which means they are *always* the same
quality as a bitmap -
http://www.devx.com/projectcool/developer/gzone/basics/04-tech/lossless.html

JPEG's, however, use lossy compression, which means that (and this is pretty
scary) every time you resave a JPEG, it gets a little bit more degraded -
http://www.devx.com/projectcool/developer/gzone/basics/04-tech/lossy.html

I tend not to use JPEG's for anything anymore - if people want my artwork,
they can wait the extra 30s to get the proper version.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org