linuxfromscratch.org

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu May 9 08:13:47 PDT 2002

On Thu, May 09, 2002 at 02:52:13AM -0400, timothy bauscher wrote:
> 3. i think the "search" section at the top
>    right should have a 'search' button to
>    activate the search. right now, i can't
>    use it in lynx.

Yes you can use it. Lynx output:

    LFS Banner
   search search [All of LFS______]
   searching for glibc______

To the left of "All of LFS" you see two search words. The first one is a
JavaScript link that doens't work in Lynx and I don't even know why Lynx
even displays it. The second 'search' is inside <noscript> tags which
should be displayed by browsers not supporting JavaScript (like lynx). Lynx
should not dislay the javascript code, a bug perhaps?

> 4. i think the homepage should display an
>    introduction instead of the mirrors.

No, it's done on purpose to get people to pick a mirror site right away
before even reading anything. If not, I doubt many people will even
consider using a mirror site.

> 5. the copyright date should be updated.

Done.

Send that to the FAQ maintainer please at  sk at sethwklein.net

About the overall redesign: i'm not a graphics artist, I could use some
help. If anybody has ideas go at it and show me something.

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org