Building a GPL-Only LFS

Jesse Tie-Ten-Quee highos at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon May 6 10:00:38 PDT 2002

Yo,

On Mon, May 06, 2002 at 12:27:12PM -0400, Tony Karakashian wrote:
> For my own ignorance and curiousity's sake, can someone explain why this
> would be important?  If you want to use a piece of software, but it's not
> GPLed, for example, it uses the BSD license why wouldn't you use it?  Unless
> you're a programmer, and using a portion of the software, what difference
> does it really make?

None really.  This is, afiak, more of a pesonal preference,
philosophical or policital issue.  For the average user it does not
matter.  Heck for the average user, Windows or Mac OS X is more then
enough... when i works properly.

Personally i just use what works and what i like.  The license comes
second, and i don't have a problem using *any* OSI approved license, i'm
not a %100 anything freak ;)

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org