GPL-only LFS

jeffrey at jeffreyf.net jeffrey at jeffreyf.net
Sun May 5 20:06:38 PDT 2002

Hello,

I was thinking that it would be cool to see a GNU/Linux system that used
only GPLed software.

I have not seen a GNU/Linux system that does this, as it obviously would
not have the X-Window System installed. I am considering trying to build
such a beast on my own, using Linux From Scratch as a guide.

I would like to get an idea from the members of this list what such a
beast would look like. Looking at the GNU site's list of GPLed software,
such a system would be fairly complete. I am aware that OpenSSH, Perl,
X-Window, and Sendmail, all common programs, could not be installed. I
also am unaware of a GPLed vi clone.

Any thoughts of this senseless idea would be appreciated it.

Thanks,

Jeff Flowers
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org