Just a thought on sed

Rob 'Feztaa' Park feztaa at shaw.ca
Fri May 3 22:03:09 PDT 2002

Alas! Chad Simmons spake thus:
> I would recommend using [python] almost entirely in place of Perl,
> assuming you don't have to worry about non-python using coworkers ;p

But, can you use python in place of sed like you can do with perl? ;)

I almost never use sed anymore. I just prefer perl's regex
semantics/syntax to sed's (yes, there are differences). Plus, I really
like perl's -i switch, which is what started this whole thread ;)

> P.S. This would probably be better directed for LFS-Chat

Right, which is why I'm moving it there.

--
Rob 'Feztaa' Park
feztaa at shaw.ca
--
Breeding rabbits is a hare raising experience.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org