apoligies to LFS web admins

Steve Jones sljones3 at ualr.edu
Sat Jun 29 06:34:33 PDT 2002

This is a short apology to all the lfs web admins, especially the mirror
sites.  Last night I ran a University sponsored research project against
the main lfs site.  This project for an undisclosed company is referred
to as the webgrabber.  It goes out and get every page linked to from a
home page and recurses through every page with the same main domain and
looks for published contact information.  Just for shits and grins I ran
it against www.linuxfromscratch.org last night.  Just for your
information there are 145 html pages available from the main domain
linuxfromscratch.org.

Once again sorry about screwing with the web stats last night.  Since I
do know that some sites that we tested against last year when this beast
was under development changed their domain name - ip number because they
thought they were being DOSed.

Steve Jones
sljones3 at ualr.edu
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org