the stupidest spam yet!

James Iwanek chthon at chthon-uk.com
Fri Jun 28 05:24:54 PDT 2002

got an email some time this morning from a guy calling himself daniel ike
reckons that he wants to put 131 million us dollars in his bank account

ive never heard of a spammer who would give money away, ahh well heres the
message:

Attn.,

First, I must solicit your strictest confidence in this transaction. This is
by virtue of its nature
as being utterly confidential and "top secret".  We are top officials of the
Federal
Government Contract Review Panel who are interested in importation of goods
into our
country with funds that are presently trapped in Nigeria. In order to
commence this
business, we solicit your assistance to enable us transfer into your account
the said-trapped
funds.

The source of the fund is as follows: During the regime of the last Military
transitional
government of Gen. Abdulsalami Abubakar, government officials set up
companies and
awarded themselves contracts which were grossly over invoiced in various
ministries. The
present democratic government of President Olusegun Obasanjo set up the
Contract
Review Panel and we have identified a lot of inflated contract funds that
are presently
floating in the Central Bank of Nigeria ready for payment. However, by
virtue of our position
as civil servants and members of this panel, we cannot acquire
this money in our names. I have therefore been delegated as a matter of
trust by my
colleagues in the panel, to look for an oversea partner into whose account
we would
transfer the sum of US$31,320,000.00 (Thirty-One Million, Three Hundred and
Twenty
thousand United States Dollars) in which we hope to use in purchasing Agro
Allied
equipment, and to enable us to own properties and invest in the stable
economy of your
country. Hence, we are sending you this email message. We have agreed to
share the
money thus:

1. 20% for the account owner (you)
2. 70% for us (the officials of the CRP)
3. 10% to be used in settling taxation and all local and foreign expenses.

Due to our poor Telecommunication system and for purpose of strict
confidentiality you are
to respond via Fax No: 234 17590503 or  e-mail:  danike at spinfinder.com
Please
acknowledge receipt of this message for proper briefing on the safe modality
for the
execution.

Yours faithfully
Dr. Daniel Ike