LFS Bootable CD

Joerg W Mittag Joerg.Mittag at Web.De
Wed Jun 26 03:30:05 PDT 2002

Chris Lingard wrote:
> I have been making a LFS boot CD for a while, and have always
> thought that a boot CD plus a BLFS source CD would be the ideal
> distro. I have snail mailed various CDs; but now have an opportunity
> to have my boot CD on the web. The bootcd.iso.bz2 is nearly 200Mb.
> I cannot upload files this size, but will post a CD to the ISP.
>
> I thought that I would ask for opinions before I do this.  Can
> anyone download things like this, and would they?

Well, if I'm looking for a bootable install CD I usually download
Knoppix which is about 690 MiB plus all packages burnt onto another
CD. So your CD would definitely be a much better way (-;

I know people who download the whole SuSE distribution (about 3 GiB)
just to realize that they can't produce bootable CDs off this. So I
guess 200 MiB are not really a problem.

Greetings,
    jwm.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org