Music

Steve Bougerolle steveb at creek-and-cowley.com
Fri Jun 21 05:43:20 PDT 2002

On Fri, 2002-06-21 at 20:29, Ian Molton wrote:
> Well, rather than saying 'nah, the fossil record isnt detailed enough,
> why dont you do what a proper scientifically minded person would do and
> actually try to come up with a better theory?

1) That isn't what I said. My main point is that current mechanisms and
available evidence of all sorts do not (to me) suffice to explain a
couple difficult areas of the complete evolutionary picture.
2) I'm not a biologist. However, if you find me funding to go sit at an
interesting fossil site for a couple years with my computer, I'll have a
go at it.  I prefer East Africa...
3) The tradition for hundreds or thousands of years in academia has been
that the proponents of a theory must convince reasonable listeners of
its truth, not the other way around.  I have heard the arguments, stated
concrete objections and how they could be answered, searched myself for
satisfactory answers, and not found them, so I remain unconvinced.

--
Steve Bougerolle
Creek & Cowley Consulting

http://www.creek-and-cowley.com