Capter 6 typo??? minor book error

Timothy Bauscher timothy at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Jun 17 15:02:58 PDT 2002

On Mon, Jun 17, 2002 at 04:18:43PM -0500, DJ Lucas wrote:
> Okay, Timithoy,

My new name?

> just for curiosity's sake, I'm not quite understanding this..well better yet
> I think I am, but not quite sure.  Is the link relative to the target's
> location ie in /etc (where localtime is)? and is that specific to a switch
> or is that with any ln?

$ ls -l /etc/localtime
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root  root  40 Jun  3 15:22 /etc/localtime
-> ../usr/share/zoneinfo/America/Louisville

Yes. It is relative to the place where the link will be
stored. So, when /etc/localtime is accessed, it will
point to ../usr[...] from its location. Don't worry.
Jesse and i have both goofed on ln's syntax :)

--
timothy(at)linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org