XML vs. latex?

Jesse Tie-Ten-Quee highos at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Jun 17 04:25:00 PDT 2002

Yo,

On Mon, Jun 17, 2002 at 11:07:39AM +0000, Oliver Brakmann wrote:
> Here's one thing I'm puzzled about everytime I see it: how do you paste
> something from a tty into your editor? My workaround until now was to
> redirect output to a file, but there _must_ be another way, I'm just too
> dumb to find it ;-)
> Any help?

It's called XFree86 4.2.0 + KDE 3.0.1 ;)

But, if you do stick to the console, there are other ways todo it.  Such
as using GPM if you have a mouse.  Otherwise you could use a screen
session.  One terminal with mutt running.  Another with bash running for
example, and use it's copy+paste functuality, which is built-in.  (midly
annoying to use, but it does work)

Thou, that's mostly a PITA, gimmie X11+KDE3 any day!

> Plus those reading via news.linuxfromscratch.org (much preferred over
> mailing lists, at least for me)

Yeah.. I always seem to forget about the newsgroups.

> That sounds so much more nasty than it really is...

Yeah.  Sorta getting use to it.  I think this is the sixth time,
shadowfax has been slashdotted in the last 2y.  It's not so bad anymore.
We have some good hardware and a heck of alot of bandwidth behind us, so
it's all good.

> I fear most of 'em are on break. That's why they find the time to post
> so much :-)

Heh, true, true.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org