XML vs. latex?

Jesse Tie-Ten-Quee highos at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Jun 17 03:27:15 PDT 2002

Yo,

On Sun, Jun 16, 2002 at 06:40:18PM +0000, Mark Hymers wrote:
> It's that actual number of SMTP messages sent out by shadowfax in a day.
> So basically, it is mails to list x members (+ the traffic generated by
> people with @linuxfromscratch.org addresses using it for their mail).

Correct.  It's the combined number of e-mail's that postfix (on
shadowfax) pushes/send's out per day.  Most of the traffic, if not
nearly all of it, is from the mailing lists;

root at shadowfax:/home/listar/lists# wc -l */users
    346 alfs-discuss/users
     95 blfs-book/users
    178 blfs-dev/users
    541 blfs-support/users
     17 hints/users
   1024 lfs-announce/users
    110 lfs-book/users
     96 lfs-chat/users
    511 lfs-dev/users
    534 lfs-security/users
    414 lfs-support/users
    <there's actually more lists, but these are the lfs lists :)>
   4347 total
root at shadowfax:/home/listar/lists#

So, next time you post an OT message on on the lists..consider how many
ppl will be reading it ;)

In other news, shadowfax was slashdotted again.  Well, specifically
distrowatch.com (which we host), which i'm a little surprised at,
considering I had not noticed the extra load on shadowfax and was going
'wtf?!?' when I noticed the link on /.  [all it took was a good 'p auxf'
and looking at the ~50 odd httpd process however ;-)]

Heh, it's kinda funny too really.. because last I heard Ladislav, was
over the hole "getting slashdotted" idea, as the comments that get
posted are always so negative.. looks like he was aiming for it thou,
with this article ;)

Anyways... Mail, so much mail!  Guys, take a break :)

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org