Music

Mark Hymers markh at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Jun 15 17:21:45 PDT 2002

On Sat, 15, Jun, 2002 at 12:06:09AM +0200, Robert Ian Smit spoke thus..
> I know what you mean. Is it okay to have mp3s of Kylie Minogue and
> Shakira, you think?

Just about excusable I think :-P

> Finale, first act of Don Giovanni, Mozart under Harnoncourt with the
> RCO (ah, me proud Dutchie).

Ah.. I don't have the Don.  I have Le Nozze Di Figaro and Die
Zauberflote (apologies for the missing umlauts, can't figure out how to
type them!).  Haven't had time to listen to a full opera for ages.

> > Oh, and RE Elton John, the latest (and possibly last) album is
> > *fantastic* (Songs From the West Coast).
>
> Don't say that!
>
> The man will go on. He loves to play live and he will release new
> work. Especially since SFtWC is indeed his best in decades.

Oh, definately agreed about SFtWC.  OTOH, he did actually say in several
interviews that it was his last album.  Whether he'll change his mind
however...

Mark

markh at linuxfromscratch.org
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org