Politics (was some other stuff)

Archaic archaic at comcast.net
Sat Jun 15 16:11:41 PDT 2002

On Sat, Jun 15, 2002 at 02:50:57PM -0400, Don Smith wrote:
> Term limits is a really bad idea. That prevents me from voting for my
> choice because he/she has been in office for two terms. Why shouldn't I
> be allowed to pick whoever I want to represent me? Term limits take away
> my rights!

Where is the right granted to vote for anyone you wanted? That is not a
right. People believe they have rights that don't exist. Driving, for
example. People believe they have the right to drive their cars.

> The real problem is again information. If there were a market for the
> mundane news of the goings on in congress and a real interest in
> seeing/understanding exactly what your representatives are voting for,
> do you really belive that they would get away with the things they do?

Agreed 150% !

--
Archaic

--
The real point of audits is to instill fear, not to extract revenue; the
IRS aims at winning through intimidation and (thereby) getting maximum

- Paul Strassel, former IRS Headquarters Agent Wall St. Journal 1980

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org