Politics (was some other stuff)

Don Smith don_smith at att.net
Sat Jun 15 11:50:57 PDT 2002

Archaic wrote:

> I propose
> term limits to at least keep someone from getting dug in so deep that we
> can't even figure out what all they are doing.

Term limits is a really bad idea. That prevents me from voting for my
choice because he/she has been in office for two terms. Why shouldn't I
be allowed to pick whoever I want to represent me? Term limits take away
my rights!

The real problem is again information. If there were a market for the
mundane news of the goings on in congress and a real interest in
seeing/understanding exactly what your representatives are voting for,
do you really belive that they would get away with the things they do?

Don
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org