Religion (Was Re: Music)

Albert Wagner alwagner at tcac.net
Fri Jun 14 16:52:03 PDT 2002

On Friday 14 June 2002 07:09 pm, Archaic wrote:
<snip>
> You know, this would be more enlightening if you would not just ask
> questions, but give your ideas as well. What would you change, or do you
> think everything is fine, etc..

I don't think government is the primary problem.  I think the bad government
we have now is an effect, not a cause of the problems that irritate and
frighten most of us.  I think that the real problem is greed, capitalism gone
berserk.  Our current government is a shell of what it should/could be
because it is in the hands of the best that money can buy.  I believe that
there are true and honest men in politics, but they must compromise with
evil, and eventually become what they tolerate.  I believe that with two
simple bills we can cure 90% of our ills: (1) the line item veto to cut way
down on pork and (2) public funding of elections to eliminate the influence
of corporations and the individual rich.  In short: one man, one vote NOT one
dollar, one vote.

I don't think that you have looked deep enough into the fog.  The real enemy
of the people is not the government.  They are simply the the mask that big
money uses to hide who's really in charge.  You are heavy into history and I
assume you have heard the old adage that those who don't learn from history
are doomed to repeat it.  Every time anyone points out that the rich may be
our enemy there are cries of "class war!"  Well, in my experience, of course
there is a class war.  There always has been.  And it was the greedy who
started it, not the worker who is content to follow his vocation and raise
his family.

This ought to be enough to keep us going for awhile :-)
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org