Music

Steve Bougerolle steveb at creek-and-cowley.com
Fri Jun 14 19:44:14 PDT 2002

On Sat, 2002-06-15 at 00:39, Gareth Jones wrote:

> And this is exactly why I and many others stay clear of religion.
> They all think they're right, but clearly they can't all be.  How are
> you *logically* supposed to chose?

I think a lot of us find that despite all sorts of good theoretical
logical arguments on the subject, some day after we've got to know
ourselves well we realize we already do believe in god in some way or
other, despite the fine details.  After that it's just a matter of who
makes the most sense (that'd be Christ, although not all of his
followers), and coming from that perspective one doesn't really feel any
need to sneer at other religions - they all have bits of truth in them
that we can all learn from, regardless of which one we ultimately
subscribe to.

Are you one of those people?  Do you find yourself alone some day
cursing your computer and asking "why doesn't this work?"  Who are you
really talking to?  Your PC?  Yourself?  Just a random exclamation?  Or
is there more?  That simple sort of direct question is what prayer is
really all about.  It's just hard to see that sometimes through all the
layers of formal rubbish that various religions pile on top of it.

--
Steve Bougerolle
Creek & Cowley Consulting

http://www.creek-and-cowley.com