Music

Steve Bougerolle steveb at creek-and-cowley.com
Fri Jun 14 18:42:00 PDT 2002

On Fri, 2002-06-14 at 23:14, Teibidh wrote:

>     There two reasons creation isn't taught and evolution is. A) The whole
> seperation of Church and State and freedom of worship issue. Not all
> religions focus on creation, therefore it's not really suited for a
> multi-religion environment.

I agree with the reason you just put down for not teaching creation
theory (at least outside of a religion class).

However, if I remember my American History correctly, the point of
separating church and state was not at all what people misinterpret it
as now:  the founding fathers of the U.S. were all Christian and the
U.S. was clearly set up along Christian principles.  They just wanted to
level the playing field for all denominations of Christians.  This has
since grown into equal status for all religions, which is fair enough,
but people often seem to paint some sort of anti-religious bias into it
which seems to me to be just historically wrong.

--
Steve Bougerolle
Creek & Cowley Consulting

http://www.creek-and-cowley.com