Religion (Was Re: Music)

Archaic archaic at comcast.net
Fri Jun 14 17:09:32 PDT 2002

On Fri, Jun 14, 2002 at 01:46:59PM -0500, Albert Wagner wrote:
> I am curious.  One could surmise from your posts that you hate the
> current United States government.  What, aside from anarchy, would you
> replace it with?  Given that the much revered and often quoted
> founding fathers apparently botched the constitution by allowing
> congress to pass laws and the supreme court to interpret them,  what
> would you do differently?  The

Actually go back to the original ideas that are the backbone of the
constitution. Less federal control and citizens rights being the biggest
ones. Then account for everything that couldn't even be imagined then.
I do not support anarchy or a wildly different form of gov't. More
representation (mean tighter controls and shorter terms) would be where
I would like to see it start. Corruption (greed) is a nature of man. You
cannot escape it, only hope to control it by limiting the power of the
few in charge, and by switching them out more often than we do now. I
can go on, if you really want to know, but it would be long and tedious
to most. And as far as the supreme court interpreting law, there is
absolutely nothing in the constitution about that. That happened
somewhere around (IRC) 20 years after the swearing in of Washington.

> constitution they wrote has allowed the total corruption of government
> in only 200 years.

Name a gov't that isn't corrupt. That is a function od man, not in the
constitution.

You know, this would be more enlightening if you would not just ask
questions, but give your ideas as well. What would you change, or do you
think everything is fine, etc..

--
Archaic

--
"Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire,
a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it

- George Washington, in a speech of January 7, 1790

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org