radio astronomy

tristan twem2-lfs at eridu.org.uk
Fri Jun 14 16:38:17 PDT 2002

On Fri, Jun 14, 2002 at 11:48:07PM +0100, Ian Molton wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Jun 2002 21:25:07 +0100
> Chris Lingard <chris at stockwith.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > Ian Molton wrote:
>
> > 10GHz is near an amateur band so you will find plenty of designs
> > at rsgb.org or arrl.com.  What sort of bandwidth would you want?
>
> I havent the foggiest. whaty sort of bandwidth does radio astronomy use?
> ;-)

There are several bands allocated to radio astronomy (so in theory you
shouldn't get interference from terrestrial or satellite broadcasting)
I can't remember what they are, but the info should be available from
the Radio Communications Agency (or whatever they're called these days)
or the RSGB.

what frequencies will depend on what you're looking at. Best bets are
the Sun or Jupiter (the sun is interesting, and a /very/ strong radio
source)

tristan
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org