Religion (Was Re: Music)

Archaic archaic at comcast.net
Fri Jun 14 16:35:10 PDT 2002

On Sat, Jun 15, 2002 at 12:29:14AM +0100, Ian Molton wrote:
> er. I think they would have fired back. and won.
>
> soldiers are generally FAR better armed and trained than any citizens
> ever could be.

true enough, but you cannot discount the power of the armed populace.
Hitler would have had to change his strategy. Now take the scenario to a
different point in the war. France, for instance. If he had to throw
more troops and more artillery towards France, that would have left even
less for Russia. The Russians may have wiped him out earlier, changing
strategy for the entire war. Possibly ending it sooner. It speculative,
of course, but a better aremed people are a more defensable people,
which is good.

--
Archaic

--
If a thousand men were not to pay their tax-bills this year, that would
... [be] the definition of a peaceable revolution, if any such is

- Henry David Thoreau

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org