Religion (Was Re: Music)

Archaic archaic at comcast.net
Fri Jun 14 16:05:33 PDT 2002

On Sat, Jun 15, 2002 at 12:03:45AM +0100, Ian Molton wrote:
> and I am *SURE* I wouldnt want the 'average joe' voting with the same
> power as me, which is what would happen in a totally decentralised
> system.

First, I don't know what you mean when you say the average joe versus
you. Second, I don't think a decentralized country as large as the US
would work, either. My stance is that the federal gov't should concern
itself mainly with the protection of the states and the general welfare
of the populace, and that the states should be given more slack. The
needs and concerns of my town versus one 20 miles away are vastly
different, let alone the difference between Hollywood and some cornfield
town in the midwest, yet the federal gov't deems it neccessary to apply
the same edicts to all towns from one end of the nation to the other.

--
Archaic

--
All governments are more or less combinations against the people. . .and
as rulers have no more virtue than the ruled. . .  the power of

- Benjamin Franklin Bache, in a Phildelphia Aurora editorial 1794

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org