Religion (Was Re: Music)

Archaic archaic at comcast.net
Fri Jun 14 15:53:06 PDT 2002

On Fri, Jun 14, 2002 at 11:54:28PM +0100, Ian Molton wrote:
> yeah, not 'self defense' as many NRA supporters seem to think...

Here, here. I commented on that earlier, as well.

> quite which foreign powers these people plan to take out with a handgun
> is totally beyond me also.

It wasn't said 'successful' defense. The concept is simple really. Take
Poland. What would Hitler's troops have done if they went into Poland
and had to not only dodge bullets from soldiers, but every citizen?
Granted, the idea of every citizen having a gun is ridiculous, but it
does make planning a lot more difficult (and defense easier) when you
don't know who exactly does have a gun.

--
Archaic

--
"Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire,
a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it

- George Washington, in a speech of January 7, 1790

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org