Music

Robert Ian Smit robian at wanadoo.nl
Fri Jun 14 15:30:23 PDT 2002

On Fri, Jun 14, 2002 at 04:34:16PM -0500, Archaic wrote:

> So , hypothetically, what would you do if you see someone beating the
> bloody hell out of your wife or child?

I'm going to kill the SOB. I hope to come to my senses at the moment
the danger is neutralized, but all bets are off.

> I, for one, am not going to ponder whether a beating, rape, or
> death is to be the final result. I'm
> going to kill the SOB. Oh well, so be it. My own life for the life of my
> family is but a small price to pay. If I have to go to prison for
> defending them, then I shall. But in my opinion, I should not have to.

You should not have to go to prison per se. It totally depends on
the situation. I guess some sort of reconstruction is needed to
decide whether you are guilty in a punishable way for the death of
the attacker.

If you can prove, that the corpse was in fact a hostile threat you
will almost certainly benefit from the uncertainty of the events in
the eyes of the judge (my country) or the jury (in yours). However
if it can be proven that you slaughtered the man while less lethal
action was possible or appropriate, then off you go.

Bob