Music

Robert Ian Smit robian at wanadoo.nl
Fri Jun 14 15:06:09 PDT 2002

On Fri, Jun 14, 2002 at 10:38:17PM +0000, Mark Hymers wrote:

> > I must also admit to being a closet Elton Fan.

> Yes, I'll admit to that one as well.  I have music from most genres
> except the "boy/girl/teeny/crappy band" thing going on (certainly in the
> UK) at the moment.

I know what you mean. Is it okay to have mp3s of Kylie Minogue and
Shakira, you think?

> As I write, I'm listening to Eric Clapton - Layla;
> the full length version with the fantastic piano section (which makes up
> about 2/3 of it). Ahh.. Bliss :-)

Finale, first act of Don Giovanni, Mozart under Harnoncourt with the
RCO (ah, me proud Dutchie).

> Oh, and RE Elton John, the latest (and possibly last) album is
> *fantastic* (Songs From the West Coast).

Don't say that!

The man will go on. He loves to play live and he will release new
work. Especially since SFtWC is indeed his best in decades.

Elton if you're reading this, thanks for everything.

Bob