Music

Robert Ian Smit robian at wanadoo.nl
Fri Jun 14 14:28:10 PDT 2002

On Fri, Jun 14, 2002 at 04:15:06PM -0500, Archaic wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 14, 2002 at 11:05:22PM +0200, Robert Ian Smit wrote:
> > You either take a life based on your assumption or after the fact in
> > which case it would be revenge.
>
> What assumption. I'm not assuming anything. The example is that
> someone is harming, not going to harm. Revenge wouldn't play in that
> situation. I tend to believe that instinct would take over.

In a previous message I proposed not to get too technical, so I
fully expect to be told to shut up.

What I mean is, that someone who is causing harm is not
automatically a killer. He can easily become one, but until he has,
you can only assume that he will.

That is why I can't see any justification in your reaction. I can
understand it to a degree, but in no way justify it.

Perhaps I am a technocrat, but if that's what needed to
counterbalance raw emotion and wild instinct, then so be it.

Bob