Music

Archaic archaic at comcast.net
Fri Jun 14 14:15:06 PDT 2002

On Fri, Jun 14, 2002 at 11:05:22PM +0200, Robert Ian Smit wrote:
> You either take a life based on your assumption or after the fact in
> which case it would be revenge.

What assumption. I'm not assuming anything. The example is that
someone is harming, not going to harm. Revenge wouldn't play in that
situation. I tend to believe that instinct would take over.

> Both are understandable reactions, but in both cases I feel your
> actions should be subjected to scrutiny by some form of authority.

Fair enough. I don't expect people to always agree. Especially since
culture plays a huge role in belief systems, and we do have quite a few
different cultures represented here. :) You never know when someone is
going to show you a perspective you have never seen, and it will change
your viewpoints. I'm always open to that. :)

--
Archaic

--
He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from
oppression: for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent

- Thomas Paine

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org