Music

Archaic archaic at comcast.net
Fri Jun 14 14:01:16 PDT 2002

On Sat, Jun 15, 2002 at 12:19:10AM +0200, Fabio Fracassi wrote:
> may not be that poor children get worse education, everybody should have the
> same chances in life.

Everybody should have the chances in life that they are willing to work
for. I am saddened by good kids with worthless parents, but the network
of help out there; scholarships, family, local churches, voluteers, all
work to give less fortunate people the chances they deserve. The
difference between those and gov't is that gov't rarely requires effort
to be put forth by the child. If the child wants out of his current
situation and is willing to work hard to acheive his goals, chances are
that he will instill those ethics into his own children. When given
something for nothing, however, the person is likely to grow up
worthless regardless of his chances, and will also instill his ethics
into his children. I've known some rich kids like that. Never had to do
a damn thing and it shows in their character. I have nothing against a
rich man, but money doesn't dictate whether someone is a piece of crap
or not.

--
Archaic

--
The price of liberty is, always has been, and always will be blood.  The
person who is not willing to die for his liberty has already lost it to

- Andrew Ford

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org