Music

Fabio Fracassi turiya at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Jun 14 15:55:51 PDT 2002

On Friday 14 June 2002 22:39, Archaic wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 15, 2002 at 12:30:50AM +0200, Fabio Fracassi wrote:
> > Of course he has an intrest, but that doesn't give him the right.
> > I' don't know how much an employer may know, I know that we needed the
> > police record for Civil service/Army  or in public service. I'm not to
> > sure how much you have to answer to an employer, but I think the personal
> > right of  privacy rules higher here than the interesst of the employer.
> > (Please correct me if im wrong.)
>
> In this country, right or wrong, an employer can scan anything from
> police records, to credit reports. As far as police records go, they
> have always been public record. Maybe someone thought shame would be a
> deterrant? I don't really know. The whole invasion of privacy I'm sure
> stems from an overreaction to the changes in society that have occured
> over the last hundred years.

Since last year the privacy rights are in defence here, conservative forces
are trieing to get more and more surveilance rights.
And Companys, especially Insurance companys want ever more "voluntary
information" about you.

Well, there is still hope. (I ve always been an hopeless Optimistic :) )

Now, its getting late here, so I bid you all a good night and weekend.
It's been fun :)

Fabio

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org