Music

Archaic archaic at comcast.net
Fri Jun 14 13:46:36 PDT 2002

On Fri, Jun 14, 2002 at 10:34:26PM +0200, Robert Ian Smit wrote:
> No, I was referring to your intend to kill anyone who you decided
> was in anyway potentially harmful to you or your family.
>
> If you tell me that I completely misread the meaning of your words,
> I'd be in fact very glad.

Well you can be glad, then. :) Take out potentially harmful. I was
talking in the context of someone trying to kill my family. I claim I
have a right to defend my family by killing that person during that act.
I differentiate that from planning and hunting someone down after the
fact. My reasoning was due to instinct being a more powerful force than
logic at that point at that I would defend the right of anyone to act
the same in the same situation. There is no perceived, only actual, harm
in the example.

--
Archaic

--
"Experience should teach us to be most on our guard to protect liberty
when the government's purposes are beneficient...The greatest dangers to

- Supreme Court Justice Louis Brandeis

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org