Music

Archaic archaic at comcast.net
Fri Jun 14 13:39:26 PDT 2002

On Sat, Jun 15, 2002 at 12:30:50AM +0200, Fabio Fracassi wrote:
> Of course he has an intrest, but that doesn't give him the right.
> I' don't know how much an employer may know, I know that we needed the police
> record for Civil service/Army  or in public service. I'm not to sure how much
> you have to answer to an employer, but I think the personal right of  privacy
> rules higher here than the interesst of the employer. (Please correct me if
> im wrong.)

In this country, right or wrong, an employer can scan anything from
police records, to credit reports. As far as police records go, they
have always been public record. Maybe someone thought shame would be a
deterrant? I don't really know. The whole invasion of privacy I'm sure
stems from an overreaction to the changes in society that have occured
over the last hundred years.

--
Archaic

--
[W]hat country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned
from time to time that [the] people preserve the spirit of resistance?

- Thomas Jefferson, letter to Col. William S. Smith, 1787

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org