radio astronomy

Chris Lingard chris at stockwith.co.uk
Fri Jun 14 13:25:07 PDT 2002

Ian Molton wrote:

> Thanks. you made me laugh out loud on that one ;-)
>
>> Or is your concept of "the
>> back yard" much larger than most people would have? ;-)
>
> I think it was tossed out by a neighbour. probably from a sat. TV
> upgrade.

10GHz is near an amateur band so you will find plenty of designs
at rsgb.org or arrl.com.  What sort of bandwidth would you want?

But how are you going to steer it?  Equitorial mount and geared
down motor.  Loud grinding noises from Ian's home

Get a multi mode receiver and use it as a tunable IF.  Feed the
output, via analogue to digital,  to a comms port; and write a
driver for the port.

Write some patern recognising software, then sit back and wait.

Chris

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org