Music

Robert Ian Smit robian at wanadoo.nl
Fri Jun 14 13:20:34 PDT 2002

On Fri, Jun 14, 2002 at 02:31:44PM -0500, Archaic wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 14, 2002 at 09:03:05PM +0200, Robert Ian Smit wrote:
> > Perhaps I didn't pick my wording right here. I was talking about
> > pre-historic humans who needed some bond to start the first
> > societies. Why risk getting killed for the common good if there is
> > not yet such a thing as a common good? I believe some form of
> > religion that gave hope and dealt with fear might explain that.
>
> I would tend to believe that a higher state of awareness came upon them
> and in searching for answers, religion was created.

Naah, I don't buy that. Who in his right mind would create religion
for explanation. Makes me think of Monty Python; "him there, with the
moustache". I  believe our religious nature originates from before
what you call a higher state of awareness.

> Of course we look at
> prehistoric humans as simple. As will our successors think of us. :)

Well most people in my surroundings think that of me so who cares
about our successors ;).

Bob