Music

Fabio Fracassi turiya at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Jun 14 15:19:10 PDT 2002

On Friday 14 June 2002 21:27, Archaic wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 14, 2002 at 10:44:14PM +0200, Fabio Fracassi wrote:
> > I'm not saying this system is Perfect, but I much prefer this transparent
> > system with fixed rules, over the funding by companys whose prime
> > interesst is money and not  education
>
> Whoa! I hope you aren't inferring that I suggested business funding.
> Absolutely not. That would be as bad as gov't funding. I believe more in
> the community funding. That is to say that parents in a local community
> get together and decide what they want their kids to learn. Then they
> are left with the responsibility of making it happen. They can then use
> their individual gifts. Some would teach, some would provide supplies,
> they would all in some way contribute with either money or more tangible
> things. Love and respect would be instilled, social responsibility would
> more likely flourish, attitudes would improve, etc... Granted, all
> societies problems would not be solved, but it would be a hell of a
> starts. I guess I should have said this first instead of just saying no
> gov't sponsorship. :)

Now that you say it I remember how your school system works.
But even to this system I have some contra points (but I like it better than
company funding.)
The most importan deficit this system has is that there are great quality
differencys, between schools depending on the wealth of the community. IMO it
may not be that poor children get worse education, everybody should have the
same chances in life.

Fabio

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org