Religion (Was Re: Music)

Timothy Bauscher timothy at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Jun 14 12:44:23 PDT 2002

On Fri, Jun 14, 2002 at 01:59:54PM -0500, Archaic wrote:
> Running away isn't an opposition. It's running away. Anyway, are you
> saying no force was used? And if you are, what do you offer as proof.
> You have already denounced the bible as an historical document (which I
> agree with you on).

I did not denounce the Bible, i said it wasn't a
literal history book. It is a history book though.
I was saying that it is nonsense to add up the time
in the Bible and say that the Earth is "6013 years,
42 days, and 22 seconds old".

It speaks of history in terms of "around this time,
the Jesuites and ..." instead of "between the years
600-700 B.C. ..."

--
timothy(at)linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org