Music

Archaic archaic at comcast.net
Fri Jun 14 12:27:10 PDT 2002

On Fri, Jun 14, 2002 at 10:44:14PM +0200, Fabio Fracassi wrote:
> I'm not saying this system is Perfect, but I much prefer this transparent
> system with fixed rules, over the funding by companys whose prime interesst
> is money and not  education

Whoa! I hope you aren't inferring that I suggested business funding.
Absolutely not. That would be as bad as gov't funding. I believe more in
the community funding. That is to say that parents in a local community
get together and decide what they want their kids to learn. Then they
are left with the responsibility of making it happen. They can then use
their individual gifts. Some would teach, some would provide supplies,
they would all in some way contribute with either money or more tangible
things. Love and respect would be instilled, social responsibility would
more likely flourish, attitudes would improve, etc... Granted, all
societies problems would not be solved, but it would be a hell of a
starts. I guess I should have said this first instead of just saying no
gov't sponsorship. :)

--
Archaic

--
The politician attempts to remedy the evil by increasing the very thing
that caused the evil in the first place: legal plunder.

- Frederick Bastiat

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org