Religion (Was Re: Music)

Archaic archaic at comcast.net
Fri Jun 14 12:04:50 PDT 2002

On Fri, Jun 14, 2002 at 08:47:21AM -0500, Albert Wagner wrote:
> You seem to assume that everyone who disagrees with you needs history
> lessons.  Don't forget, while up there on your lofty perch, that
> history is written by the winners of a conflict to justify themselves.
> The poor and illiterate had no input.

This is a simple discussion. No need to get ugly. But since you mention
it, of course the winners justify themselves. So do the losers. Does it
make either right? You have to decide on a case by case basis. What does
moeny have to do with it anyway? There are hundreds of books published
of the accounts of the common man in time of war. The American Civil War
is one big example. Probably all sectors of society were sampled. Of
course, in a gov't funded school, you get what the gov't wants (or
people of other special interest).

--
Archaic

--
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only
prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of

- John F. Kennedy

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org