Music

Fabio Fracassi turiya at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Jun 14 13:44:14 PDT 2002

On Friday 14 June 2002 19:58, Archaic wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 14, 2002 at 09:52:01PM +0200, Fabio Fracassi wrote:
> > the funding have to be seperated. The curriculum gets decided by
> > commitees of "experts" (manly teachers) the funding is done
> > independently, and it is in our "Grundgesetz" (Which is approx. like
> > your bill of rights), that this funding has to take place. So the
> > goverment hasn't got the right to take the funding away, even if the
> > comitee would decide to teach that german goverment sucks.
>
> Who wrote the Grundgesetz? Gov't?

The founders of the German republic, so basically the people of Germany.

>  If it is a gov't doctrine, then the gov't can repeal it.

Not easily, and more important not quietly.

> Besides, do you think corruption does not exist?

Of course it does.

> I'm sure there are plenty of loopholes that allow funding to get cut.
> Threaten to use those loopholes and you get your way.

Well most of the process of the curriculum building is done in public (I mean
its kinda hard to have an secret curriculum ;) ), and legeslation is on the
way which makes even more of the goverments action transparant to the public
(This law was a response to a local corruption affair, and if only the
konservatives would give up there opposition, it could long have been
passed.)

I'm not saying this system is Perfect, but I much prefer this transparent
system with fixed rules, over the funding by companys whose prime interesst
is money and not  education

Fabio

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org