Religion (Was Re: Music)

Archaic archaic at comcast.net
Fri Jun 14 11:17:48 PDT 2002

On Fri, Jun 14, 2002 at 01:45:14PM -0400, Don Smith wrote:
> > Here, here. The right to bear arms in the American constitution was
> > implemented for the final purpose of defending ourselves from our own
> > gov't. Of course, know one seems to know that. The NRA and the
> > guncontrol lobbyists are both wrong.
> >
> I think it was put there so that the states could defend themselves
> against the federal government.

You are correct. The states and the people within them. There was great
fear of a centralized gov't. And with good reason. Look at the gov't we
succeeded from (and all other centralized governments). Come to think of
it, the formation of the EU scares the hell out of me.

--
Archaic

--
The real point of audits is to instill fear, not to extract revenue; the
IRS aims at winning through intimidation and (thereby) getting maximum

- Paul Strassel, former IRS Headquarters Agent Wall St. Journal 1980

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org