Religion (Was Re: Music)

Archaic archaic at comcast.net
Fri Jun 14 10:55:28 PDT 2002

On Fri, Jun 14, 2002 at 01:35:18PM -0400, Don Smith wrote:
> > > I lean towards Freedom of  Speech since that freedom is absolutely
> > > essential in maintaining all the other freedoms.
> >
> > Actually, the right to bear arms allows you to maintain your other
> > freedoms.  Words will not restore your rights when they are finally
> > all taken away from you.
> >
> Words inspire you to take up those arms and defend you rights. And
> Gandhi did it with words and without arms. Is there any example of the
> reverse?

It takes both. Anyone with reason would understand just shooting people
won't work. I think what Tony was saying, if you have no arms to bare,
then your words are all that's left. And it won't take much to take your
freedom of speech with no arms. So what are you left with after that?

--
Archaic

the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the great struggle
for independence.

- Attributed to Charles Austin Beard (1874-1948)

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org